Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dust Under your iPhone Lens?

I had ordered some lenses for my iPhone from Photojojo. The review for those will come later, as I still want to take plenty of photos before posting a review. For now, I thought I'd mention something I found along the way. By looking closely at all the photos I took, I noticed a small spot on all of them. In fact, it's been hiding in my photos for about a month now, but once I noticed it, I couldn't not see it. Turned out to be dust that had either gotten under the lens of my iPhone's camera, or been in there since it was made, and either became lodged in view of the sensor, or scratched the lens. It's a rare issue, and no one seems to know exactly how it happened. But, if you have it as well, you're not stuck with the issue, it's easy to solve.

 

If you see this or something like it in your photos, consider yourself unlucky. So few people have had the issue. If you do have dust or dirt somehow under your iPhone camera lens, take it into an Apple store. Upon mentioning the issue, the Apple Genius I spoke to immediately found me a brand new iPhone. It's not a common issue, but one that they'll quickly replace your phone for.

 

Don't worry about losing data, a quick backup to iCloud ensures that you won't lose any of your apps or data. Although you'll want to sync with your computer for music, because Apple can only back up the songs you've purchased from the iTunes Store. If you sync with your computer, you can get all your music and movies, iCloud backups are mostly for apps and data.

 

Apple support is great. Issues with Apple devices are uncommon, especially rare ones like this, but Apple is quick to fix or replace the damaged unit. That's why Apple has continually been awarded the top soon in customer satisfaction surveys for their customer service. I thought I'd share my story, so anyone else with a similar issue would know how to get help for it.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 
Copyright © 2013 | Design By: Best Techno Buzz